Frequently Asked Questions
11. When should I seek help for a balance disorder?
Ask yourself the following questions. If you answer "yes" to any of these questions, you should discuss the symptom with your doctor.
- Do I feel unsteady?
- Do I feel as if the room is spinning around me, even if only for brief periods of time?
- Do I feel as if I'm moving when I know I'm standing or sitting still?
- Do I lose my balance and fall?
- Do I feel as if I'm falling?
- Do I feel lightheaded or as if I might faint?
- Does my vision become blurred?
- Do I ever feel disoriented, losing my sense of time, place, or identity?