Frequently Asked Questions
4. What are the symptoms of a balance problem?
If you have a balance disorder, you may stagger when you try to walk, or teeter or fall when you try to stand up. You might experience other symptoms such as
- dizziness or vertigo (a spinning sensation)
- falling or feeling as if you are going to fall
- lightheadedness, faintness, or a floating sensation
- blurred vision
- confusion or disorientation.
Other symptoms might include nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, changes in heart rate and blood pressure, and fear, anxiety, or panic. Symptoms may come and go over short time periods or last for a long time, and can lead to fatigue and depression.