Creating a Family Health History
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a family health history?
- Why is a family health history helpful?
- Will my children develop a disease if I have it?
- What is a genetic disease?
- Can lifestyle and environmental factors cause disease?
- Can I prevent a disease that runs in the family?
- My father died of a heart attack at age 45. What does that mean for me?
- Which relatives should I talk to for a family health history?
- What questions should I ask relatives about their health?
- How should I approach family members to collect the information?
- Are there any tools I can use to help me create my family health history?
- How can I get health information about family members who have died?
- What if a family member is adopted?
- Does my ancestry influence my chance of getting certain diseases?
- What is a genetic test?
- How do I know if I should get a genetic test?
- With whom should I share my family health history?