Frequently Asked Questions
7. What are the symptoms of depression?
Symptoms of depression often vary depending upon the person. Common symptoms include
- feeling nervous or emotionally empty
- tiredness or a "slowed down" feeling
- feeling guilty or worthless
- restlessness and irritability
- feeling like life is not worth living
- sleep problems such as insomnia, oversleeping or wakefulness in the middle of the night
- eating more or less than usual, usually with unplanned weight gain or loss
- having persistent headaches, stomach-aches or other chronic pain that does not go away when treated
- loss of interest in once pleasurable activities
- frequent crying
- difficulty focusing, remembering or making decisions
- thoughts of death or suicide.