Frequently Asked Questions
17. How do I take care of my diabetes every day?
People with type 1 diabetes control their blood sugar with insulin -- either with shots or an insulin pen. Many people with type 2 diabetes can control blood glucose levels with sugar with diet and exercise alone. Others require oral medications or insulin, and some people may need to take both.
Good control of blood glucose requires
- following a meal plan that is right for you
- getting regular physical activity
- taking diabetes medicine every day, if prescribed by your doctor
- checking blood glucose as recommended