Frequently Asked Questions
17. What foods should I avoid when eating out?
When eating out, you should steer clear of the same foods that you avoid at home. You should avoid
- raw or undercooked meat, poultry, fish, seafood, and eggs
- raw sprouts
- hot dogs and luncheon meats that have not been reheated to 165 degrees Fahrenheit
- unpasteurized (raw) juice, milk, or milk products made with unpasteurized milk
- Some soft cheeses such as feta, queso blanco, queso fresco, Brie, and Camembert are made with unpasteurized milk.