- Serving Size. Lists the serving size in familiar units such as cups or pieces, followed by the metric amount (e.g., number of grams.)
- Amount of calories. Lists the amount of calories in one serving and also the amount of calories in one serving that come from fat.
- Limit these nutrients. Eating too much of any of these nutrients can increase the risk for certain diseases. The goal is to stay below 100%DV for each of these nutrients per day.
- Get enough of these nutrients. Eating enough of these nutrients may improve health and help reduce the risk of some diseases and conditions.
- Percent (%) Daily Value. This section tells you what percent of the recommended daily amount of a nutrient is in a single serving of the food.
- Footnote with Daily Values (DVs). Provides information about the Daily Values (DVs) for important nutrients, including fats, sodium and fiber.