Exercise: Exercises to Try
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What kinds of exercises should I try?
Video length: 1 min 35 sec
Click to watch this video
Try to choose activities that include all four types of exercise -- endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility -- because each type has different benefits.
- Endurance exercises like walking, swimming, or jogging will make it possible for you to walk farther, faster and uphill.
- Strength exercises such as weight lifting will strengthen your muscles and make you stronger.
- Balance exercises like standing on one foot can help prevent falls.
- Flexibility exercises like yoga help keep your body limber and flexible.
Doing one type of exercise also can improve your ability to do the others. Plus, variety helps reduce boredom and risk of injury.