How to Get Up from a Fall
- If you fall, remain still on the floor or ground for a few moments.
- Decide if you are hurt. Getting up too quickly or the wrong way could make an injury worse.
- If you think you can get up safely, roll over onto your side.
- Rest a bit to let your body and blood pressure adjust.
- Slowly get up on your hands and knees and crawl to a sturdy chair.
- Place your hands on the seat of the chair and slide one foot forward so that it is flat on the floor. Keep the other leg bent with the knee on the floor.
- From this kneeling position, slowly rise and turn your body to sit in the chair.