Frequently Asked Questions
22. How do I find an eye care professional?
Now that you know about the importance of having a comprehensive dilated eye exam, the next step is to get in contact with an eye care professional. If you don’t already have one, there are several steps you can take.
- Ask family members and friends about eye care professionals they use.
- Ask your family doctor for the name of a local eye care specialist.
- Contact a state or county association of ophthalmologists or optometrists. These groups, usually called academies or societies, may have lists of eye care professionals with specific information on specialty and experience.
- Contact your insurance company or health plan to learn whether it has a list of eye care professionals that are covered under your plan.