Frequently Asked Questions
23. What can I do to prepare for my eye care visit?
Today, patients take an active role in their health care. You and your eye care professional will work together to keep your eyes healthy. An important part of this relationship is good communication. To get the best out of your visit with your eye care professional, ask questions and continue to do so until you understand. It is also helpful to write down the questions before your visit, and write down what your eye care professional says.
There are things you can bring to your visit that will help you to be more prepared. Remember to take along
- a notebook and pen to write down the responses to your questions
- glasses or contacts, if you use them
- a family member or friend to take notes or for support
- an interpreter, if you need of one
- any medications that you are currently taking.