Frequently Asked Questions
13. How do I know if I might have a hearing loss?
Video length: 4 min 49 sec
Click to watch this video
Ask yourself the following questions. If you answer "yes" to three or more of these questions, you could have a hearing problem and may need to have your hearing checked by a doctor or other hearing professional.
- Do I have a problem hearing on the telephone?
- Do I have trouble hearing when there is noise in the background?
- Is it hard for me to follow a conversation when two or more people talk at once?
- Do I have to strain to understand a conversation?
- Do many people I talk to seem to mumble or not speak clearly?
- Do I misunderstand what others are saying and respond inappropriately?
- Do I often ask people to repeat themselves?
- Do I have trouble understanding women and children when they talk?
- Do people complain that I turn the TV volume up too high?
- Do I hear a ringing, roaring,clicking, hissing, or buzzing sound a lot?
- Do some sounds seem too loud?