Frequently Asked Questions
- What does hip replacement surgery involve?
- What are the most common reasons for hip replacement?
- How do I know if I should have a hip replacement?
- Which treatments should I try before having a hip replacement?
- Are there different types of hip replacements?
- Which type of surgery and prosthesis will I have?
- How long does hip replacement surgery take?
- How long will I have to stay in the hospital?
- When will I be able to walk again?
- What are the possible complications of hip replacement?
- What can I do to reduce my risk of complications?
- When should I call my doctor?
- What can I do to prepare myself for the surgery?
- Will I be able to stay alone when I get home from the hospital?
- What can I do to prepare my home for my return from the hospital?
- Are there certain activities I won’t be able to do with the new hip?
- Where can I learn more about hip replacement?