Frequently Asked Questions
- What does knee replacement surgery involve?
- What are the most common reasons for knee replacement?
- Why might my doctor recommend a knee replacement?
- Which treatments should I try before having a knee replacement?
- Are there reasons I should not have a knee replacement?
- Are there different types of knee replacements?
- Which type of surgery and prosthesis will I have?
- How long does knee replacement surgery take?
- How long will I have to stay in the hospital?
- When will I be able to walk again?
- What are the possible complications of knee replacement?
- What can I do to reduce my risk of complications?
- When should I call my doctor?
- What can I do to prepare myself for the surgery?
- Will I be able to stay alone when I get home from the hospital?
- What can I do to prepare my home for my return from the hospital?
- What can I do to reduce the risk of falling in my home?
- Where can I learn more about knee replacement?