Frequently Asked Questions
7. How can I tell if I will need long-term care?
It is difficult to predict how much or what type of long-term care you might need. Several things increase your risk of needing long-term care.
- Age -- The risk generally increases as you get older.
- Gender -- Women are at higher risk than men, primarily because they often live longer.
- Marital status -- Single people are more likely than married people to need care from a paid provider.
- Lifestyle -- Poor diet and exercise habits can increase your risk.
- Health and family history -- These factors also affect risk.