Frequently Asked Questions
10. What should a person do if he or she has low vision?
First, note the kinds of vision problems that are occurring. Some warning signs include:
- trouble reading, cooking, or sewing
- trouble seeing because the lights don't seem as bright as usual
- trouble recognizing the faces of friends and relatives
- trouble crossing the street or reading signs.
A person who is having these vision difficulties should immediately make an appointment with an eye care professional for an eye examination.
If the person's vision cannot be treated by conventional methods, such as glasses, contact lenses, medication, or surgery, then he or she should ask the eye care professional for information about vision rehabilitation.