Frequently Asked Questions
21. I live on a fixed income, so I don’t have a lot of money to spend on transportation. What are some low-cost options?
The lowest-cost option is free rides from family members and friends. Public transportation is generally affordable. Volunteer drivers and community shuttle buses or vans may offer free or low-cost services. And many taxis offer discounts for older adults. When you inquire about services, be sure to ask these questions.
- How much does the service cost?
- Are there any discounts for older adults?
- Is my income a factor in using this service?
- Can an account be set up in advance?