Frequently Asked Questions
6. How can I be sure I hear well enough to drive safely?
Here are some steps you can take to make sure you hear well enough to drive safely.
- Have your hearing checked every 3 years.
- If necessary, get a hearing aid – and use it when you drive.
- Keep the inside of the car as quiet as possible while driving. If the radio or conversations with other people are distracting, limit those, too.
- Watch for the flashing lights of emergency vehicles. You may not hear a siren from a distance.