Frequently Asked Questions
8. The label on my medicine bottle says, “Do not use while operating heavy machinery.” Does that mean I can’t drive?
- Read the medicine label carefully, and pay attention to any warnings. If the label says, “Do not use while operating heavy machinery,” do not drive while taking this medicine. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure about a particular medicine.
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist to explain how your medications could affect your driving. It might be possible to adjust the dose or timing to minimize side effects.
- Do not drive if you feel lightheaded or drowsy.
- Never drive after drinking alcoholic drinks or mixing these drinks and medications.