Frequently Asked Questions

17. What type of doctor specializes in osteoporosis?

There is not one type of doctor who cares for people with osteoporosis. Endocrinologists, rheumatologists, geriatricians, and internists are just a few of the doctors who are likely to specialize in the care of people with osteoporosis. If your physician does not specialize in osteoporosis, he or she can refer you to one who does.