Frequently Asked Questions
- What is osteoporosis?
- Why is osteoporosis called "the silent disease"?
- How many people have osteoporosis?
- Why are women at greater risk for osteoporosis than men?
- What other factors can increase one's chances of developing osteoporosis?
- Can taking certain medications increase my chances of developing osteoporosis?
- How much calcium and vitamin D do I need each day for bone health?
- How can I be sure I get enough calcium and vitamin D in my diet?
- Can I get all the vitamin D I need from sunshine?
- Which exercises are best for bone health?
- If I have osteoporosis or low bone mass, what are some tips for safe exercising?
- Does osteoporosis have any warning signs?
- How is osteoporosis diagnosed?
- Are there different types of bone density tests?
- Who should get a bone density test?
- Is there a cure for osteoporosis?
- What type of doctor specializes in osteoporosis?
- What treatments are available for osteoporosis?