Participating in Clinical Trials
Frequently Asked Questions
8. What are the potential benefits of taking part in a clinical trial?
Here are ways you may benefit from taking part in a clinical trial.
- Your participation may help others get a better treatment for their disease in the future and allow researchers to learn more about how diseases can be prevented, identified, or managed.
- If the treatment being studied is more effective than the standard treatment, you may be among the first to benefit.
- Researchers, doctors, and other health care professionals may check your physical condition frequently, giving you regular, careful medical attention, because they need data to make comparisons in a trial.
- It may be a way to get an experimental treatment for a life threatening illness that is not available to people outside of a clinical trial.