Participating in Clinical Trials
Frequently Asked Questions
9. What are the risks of taking part in a clinical trial?
Here are some possible risks of taking part in a clinical trial.
- You may experience serious, unpleasant, or even life-threatening side effects.
- You may get the standard treatment or placebo instead of the experimental product.
- The experimental product may not be better or even as good as the standard treatment for your condition.
- Even if a new procedure works for other people, it may not work for you.