Peripheral Arterial Disease (P.A.D.)
Frequently Asked Questions
7. How can P.A.D. be prevented?
Video length: 1 min 24 sec
Click to watch this video
Treatment and prevention for P.A.D. often includes making long-lasting lifestyle changes, such as
- quitting smoking
- lowering blood pressure
- lowering high blood cholesterol levels
- lowering high blood glucose levels if you have diabetes
- getting regular physical activity
- following a healthy eating plan that's low in total fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, and sodium (salt).