Peripheral Artery Disease (P.A.D.)
Frequently Asked Questions
8. Are there any medications for P.A.D.?
Yes. To treat P.A.D., your doctor may prescribe medicines to
- prevent blood clots from forming due to low blood flow with anticlotting medicines, such as aspirin
- treat unhealthy cholesterol levels with statins. By lowering blood cholesterol, you can decrease your chance of developing complications from P.A.D.
- lower high blood pressure with one of many available medicines
- help ease leg pain that occurs when you walk or climb stairs
- reduce the symptoms you have when walking or climbing stairs.