Problems with Smell
Frequently Asked Questions
18. How can I best talk to my doctor about my problem with smell?
You can help your doctor make a diagnosis by writing down important information about your problem beforehand and giving the information to your doctor during your visit.
Write down answers to the following questions:
- When did I first become aware of the problem?
- Did I have a cold or the flu?
- Did I have a head injury?
- Was I exposed to air pollutants, pollen, pet dander, or dust to which I might be allergic?
- Is this a recurring problem?
- Does it come at any special time, such as during the hay fever season?