Problems with Taste
Frequently Asked Questions
14. How can I improve the taste of food if I lose my sense of taste?
If you lose some or all of your sense of taste, there are things you can do to make your food taste better:
- Prepare foods with a variety of colors and textures.
- Use aromatic herbs and hot spices to add more flavor; however, avoid adding more sugar or salt to foods.
- If your diet permits, add small amounts of cheese, bacon bits, or butter on vegetables, as well as olive oil or toasted nuts.
- Avoid combination dishes, such as casseroles, that can hide individual flavors and dilute taste.