Problems with Taste
Frequently Asked Questions
19. How can I best talk to my doctor about a problem with taste?
You can help your doctor make a diagnosis by writing down important information about your problem beforehand and giving the information to your doctor during your visit.
Write down answers to the following questions:
- When did I first become aware of my taste problem?
- What changes in my sense of taste did I notice?
- Do all foods and drinks taste the same?
- Have there been any changes in my sense of smell?
- Does the change in taste affect my ability to eat normally?
- What medicines do I take? What are the names of the medicines? How much do I take? What is the health condition for which I take the medicine?
- Have I recently had the cold or flu?