Problems with Taste
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is our sense of taste?
- Is there a normal decline in our ability to taste as we grow older?
- How common are problems with our sense of taste?
- What impact can loss of taste have on an older person's life?
- How does normal taste occur?
- How many taste sensations do we have?
- How do I know if I have a problem with my sense of taste?
- What are some of the common causes of taste disorders?
- Can I do anything to prevent a taste disorder from occurring?
- Can certain medicines cause a problem with taste?
- Are there certain medical conditions and/or diseases that are associated with taste disorders?
- What should I do if I think I have a problem with my sense of taste?
- How are taste disorders diagnosed?
- Can taste disorders be treated?
- How can I best talk to my doctor about a problem with taste?
- How can I improve the taste of food if I lose my sense of taste?
- What research is being done on taste disorders?