Frequently Asked Questions
21. What kinds of follow-up treatment could I have?
Regardless of the type of treatment you receive, you will be closely monitored to see how well the treatment is working.
Monitoring may include
- a PSA blood test, usually every 3 months to 1 year.
- bone scan and/or CT scan to see if the cancer has spread.
- a complete blood count to monitor for signs and symptoms of anemia.
- looking for signs or symptoms that the disease might be progressing, such as fatigue, increased pain, or decreased bowel and bladder function.