Frequently Asked Questions
5. What are the warning signs of stroke?
Warning signs are clues your body sends to tell you that your brain is not receiving enough oxygen. These are warning signs of a stroke, or brain attack:
- sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm, or leg, especially on one side of the body
- sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- sudden severe headache with no known cause.
If you observe one or more of these signs, don't wait. Call 911 right away!