Frequently Asked Questions
22. How can I manage my medications when I travel?
- Before you travel, ask your doctor or pharmacist how to adjust your medicine schedule to account for changes in time zones, routine, and diet.
- Carry a list of all the medications you take with you.
- Bring the phone numbers of your doctors and pharmacists with you.
- When flying, carry your medicines with you; do not pack them in your checked luggage.
- Take enough medication with you in case you need to stay longer.
- When traveling, always keep medicines out of heat and direct sunlight.
(Watch the video to learn more about traveling abroad with prescription medications. To enlarge the video, click the brackets in the lower right-hand corner. To reduce the video, press the Escape (Esc) button on your keyboard.)