Prescription and Illicit Drug Abuse

Frequently Asked Questions

28. I’d really rather get substance abuse counseling with other older people. How can I do that?

A few substance abuse treatment centers specialize in helping middle-aged and older adults, though this is rare. To find a substance abuse treatment facility, call 1-800-662-4357 or visit A “12-step group” such as Narcotics Anonymous ( may also have information.