Exercise: How to Get Started
Frequently Asked Questions
- I haven't exercised in years. How do I start?
- How do I identify my starting point?
- How do I know what my fitness level is?
- I find it hard to make myself be active. What can I do?
- How do I find time to be active?
- How can I be more physically active on a limited budget?
- Once I start exercising, how long before I see results?
- Is it better to join an exercise class or group, or exercise on my own?
- Do I need a personal trainer?
- What qualifications should I look for in a personal trainer?
- Do I need special shoes or clothing?
- Do I need to buy any special equipment?
- Should I drink water when I exercise?
- Should I eat before exercising?
- How do I avoid injury?