Frequently Asked Questions
13. What can I do to improve my memory and concentration?
Talk with your doctor. Discuss whether medications you are taking, depression, sleep problems, or anxiety could be contributing to your problems.
Here are some ideas that can help with your memory and concentration.
- Jot it down. Write down your appointments, important dates, and phone numbers. Make lists and write down plans for your day.
- Put small signs around the house to remind you of things to do, such as locking the doors.
- Whisper each step to yourself when doing a task with several steps, such as cooking.
- Repeat what you want to remember. Saying it a couple of times can help your mind hold on to the information.
To learn more about handling memory changes, see Managing Chemotherapy Side Effects.