Medicare and Continuing Care
Frequently Asked Questions
12. What are questions to consider when choosing a home health care agency?
Here are questions to ask when considering a home health agency.
- Is the agency Medicare-approved?
- How long has the agency served the community?
- Does this agency provide the services my relative or friend needs?
- How are emergencies handled?
- Is the staff on duty around the clock?
- How much do services and supplies cost?
- Will agency staff be in regular contact with the doctor?
You can use Medicare's "Home Health Compare" tool to compare home health agencies in your area. Visit https://www.medicare.gov/homehealthcompare/