Frequently Asked Questions
18. What should an emergency roadside kit include?
Even a well-maintained vehicle can break down. Put together an emergency roadside kit to carry with you. A cell phone is especially important. Here are suggested emergency roadside kit contents.
- cell phone
- first aid kit
- flares and a white flag
- jumper cables
- jack (and ground mat) for changing a tire
- work gloves and a change of clothes
- basic repair tools and some duct tape (for temporarily repairing a hose leak!)
- a jug of water and paper towels for cleaning up
- nonperishable food, drinking water, and medicines
- extra windshield washer fluid