Problems with Taste

Frequently Asked Questions

12. What should I do if I think I have a problem with my sense of taste?

The best thing you can do is see your doctor. Proper diagnosis by a trained professional, such as an otolaryngologist, is important. These physicians specialize in disorders of the head and neck, especially those related to the ear, nose, and throat. Diagnosis may lead to an effective treatment of the underlying cause of your taste disorder. Many types of taste disorders are curable, and for those that are not, counseling is available to help people cope.