Prostate Cancer

Frequently Asked Questions

11. What tests are available for men who have prostate problems?

Doctors can use a blood test for prostate specific antigen or PSA. A lab measures the levels of PSA in a blood sample to detect prostate cancer. The level of PSA may rise in men who have prostate cancer, an enlarged prostate, or infection in the prostate.